There are many cleaning methods that most professional carpet cleaning services often use. And just like any tasks, each technique has its own pros and cons. But how can you make the final decision between them? Review their advantages and disadvantages to decide how to spot clean carpets. In general, carpet cleaning techniques can be divided into 2 main categories: dry cleaning and wet cleaning. Dry cleaning uses chemical foams or powders with the help of special machines such as cylinders, pads, and rotating brushes. Wet cleaning, on the other hand, involves hot water extraction and absorbent pad.
1. Cleaning with absorbent pads
Also known as the bonnet cleaning method, this carpet cleaning technique is widely applied for minor routine maintenance. First, the carpet should be vacuumed, then a chemical solution will be sprayed onto the surface with an electric sprayer or hand pump. You should allow the solution to stay idle on the carpet for a couple of hours to ensure a suitable reaction or dwell time.
– Inexpensive and simple to prepare – Quick process to save your cleaning time – Great results with a lightly soiled carpet
– Leave chemicals and dirt to build up at the carpet’s bottom
2. Wet cleaning
Wet cleaning or steam cleaning is one of the most popular methods in many professional services. The carpets are pre-conditioned first with a chemical reagent which liquefies oil-based substances and soils in your carpet fibers. After that, water will be heated to the boiling point, pressurized, and injected into the carpets. After approximately 15 to 20 minutes, extract the solution with a vacuum.
– Get rid of soiling from the deep are of a carpet – Allow for the use of chemical concentrates, pressures, and high temperatures to clean effectively – Permit extended dwell time for cleaning solvents to react
– Take a long time to dry – Require expensive equipment for maximum efficiency
3. Rotary shampoo or dry foam cleaning
In this method, a cleaning agent will be used for the carpets to help suspend debris and dirt. They are basically whipped into foam and operated in the carpet fibers with the help of special rotating brushes. After 10 or 15 minutes of dwell time, use a vacuum to extract the foam.
– Rotating brushes allow for excellent agitation – Fast, simple to apply – Inexpensive method without complex equipment – Fast drying time thanks to a low level of moisture
– Excessive wetting with equipment malfunction
4. Dry cleaning with absorbent compounds
This is perhaps the simplest methods to clean a carpet in your home. First, a powder mixed with cleaning agents and solvents is applied over the entire. It will work into the fibers and absorb soil inside the carpet thanks to the help of machine with counter-rotating brushes. Wait for 15 to 20 minutes and vacuum up the solution.
– A simple method with no complex tools or special technical skills – Very quick drying, only 20 minutes
– Possible excessive dust accumulation inside the house
Special thank you to this Ft Worth Tree Service for their generous support of our site!